Kathmandu Coast to Coast
John was part of the management team for the Kathmandu Coast to Coast for five years in the role of Media Manager that saw a return to full capacity and record breaking media coverage.
- HOSTED media: the planning and execution that secured outstanding media coverage for the event. Strategy was a small, very targeted group with national reach that were well looked after.
- Developed the key messaging and repositioning with media of the event between 2015-17 that saw the event numbers climb, engagement increase and the event reclaim its position at the world’s must do bucket list multi-sport event
- Consistent storytelling; media releases planned and distributed – developed strong relationships with key targeted media for the event that saw many of them go the extra mile for the event
- Developed relationship with the broadcasting school to give media students valuable hands on experience at a large iconic event
- Management of MC’s and atmosphere elements
John is an absolute champ to work with. His eye for detail and keenness in helping you fulfill your media role helps drive home the message for any event or business he is working with. Covering the Coast to Coast is a particularly challenging event for us on a number of levels, but especially from a technical point of view. John has been instrumental in helping us navigate our ways through the minefields ! Potential issues are resolved quickly and cheerfully. His creativity helps generate a range of colourful story angles.
Brian Ashby, sports commentator & journalist NZME/Newstalk ZB
John and enthuse were engaged by the Coast to Coast to manage the PR and media for the event. Johns roles included engaging NZME as a media partner, identifying and developing a wide range of stories leading up to and during the event and managing the wider media contingent at the event. John was also excellent at creating engaging video clips and social media strategies which worked really well for keeping our online content fresh and engaging. John also MC’d a number of areas including the prize giving where his experience shone through, keeping it engaging, topical and professional. John brought a huge amount of enthusiasm to the role and constantly brought new ideas and a great energy to the project, we were extremely happy with the results of his efforts.
Richard Ussher, Coast to Coast Race Director 2015-2018