- social events
- getting involved in charity or community work
- doing a sporting event as a team
- workshops, indoor and outdoor activities
- and various individual and team related team development activities and concepts - that's where we come in! Our four main team building concepts...
- Mini Olympics
- Lights, camera, action - lightning scripts; make a Hollywood Blockbuster movie!
- Life on the edge - get kidnapped and tackle the forest high wires
- We can combine a number of activties at Peppers Clearwater in Christchurch, anything from Croquet and petanque ’on the lawn’ to a Golf War, the 'Race that is Amazing,' Mini Olympics and Lazer sports... more information follows below.
We can also run a fun afternoon of 'corporate croquet' at a local club... more info follows below.
Unfortunately The amazing tram race - cannot be held until the tram is up and runing again. It's a great chance to explore Christchurch via tram, follow the clues and answer all the questions... it will be back...
On behalf of Blacks Fasteners ltd I would like to thank John for his fantastic presentation, You Are Your Brand; everybody got a lot out of it. I also want to thank both John and Aaron for the fun events they put on and for creating and managing the competition surrounding the afternoon's activities. The way they choose the groups, and the events, to suite all levels of fitness - and the humour that went with it - was unbelievable and meant we had a fantastic team building afternoon. It will be a long time remembered so I would recommend enthuse to any organisation.
Roger Black, Managing Director, Blacks Fasteners
Team building activities can range from outrageous conference fun, to targeted strategic initiatives that relate to the company’s business goals.
Although things need to be fun and entertaining at the end of the day a client needs to know there has been an investment in improved performance for staff – this is the bottom line – gone are the days of doing team retreats and team building activities just to get out of town and have a few drinks.
Lightning Scripts - Lights! Camera! Action!
The feedback I received from our staff after their stint behind the camera has been nothing but positive. You captured and engaged our leaders (and they certainly are a varied bunch) in a way that left them wanting more! Perhaps we have some “actors” in the making. We even had them fooled into thinking the videos would not be ready for a couple of weeks. Instead, you edited them overnight in readiness for the big finale on the following evening and I know this was done under extremely difficult circumstances. So thankyou for the professionalism and commitment you all displayed to ensure that the “show did go on”.
Marisa Maloney, Orica Chemnet (Australia)
make a hollywood Movie! lightning scripts...
We take the room by storm as the ‘Studio Boss’ enters the venue and tells everybody that they are now all employed by ‘their own company's Studios’. The Studio Boss briefs everybody on the team building event of the day that has them splitting into teams. They then have to go away in their groups and make their very own 3min Hollywood Blockbuster! Fantastic team building exercise that requires communication, delegation, atttention to detail and creativity... after filming we can have an 'Oscars Awards' evening... where teams vote for best picture and actors.
how it works
- teams given script, props and receive some 'coaching' support and advice. Concepts and themes from company and conference built into scripts.
- Planning and development - teams delegate tasks, learn lines and incorporate props and costumes into the development of their film!
- All quiet on the set! Filming takes place..
- They see their results at an awards function the following night - straight out of Hollywood, walk the red carpet and vote for best actor and best movie!
Everyone involved has movie and televison experience... including support and direction from an award winning film maker!
- Staff are put into various teams representing countries, then are tasked with coming up with their best national anthem to represent their country to kick things off.
- Teams then compete against each other going through a number of mental and easy, fun physical challenges that include the World Cup of Cup Stacking and a crazy bike challenge.
- The activities are filmed and photos are taken to show at the prize giving, adding an extra element to the day.
- The day is hosted by two 70's themed ' coaches' as the whole day is run as a 70's themed day at the Olympics!
'top gun' life on the edge
- Participants are kidnapped and taken to a secret training facility hidden deep in the jungle - no mobile coverage!
- Hosted by Top Gun Flight School battle hardened commandoes
- Taken through a variety of aerial challenges.
- We do mention that the team that sweats and dies together works best together etc.. and ask are they ready to put their life in the hands of the person sitting next to them?
- Delegates need to be dressed for what lies ahead – they are told to bring suitable footwear and clothing.
- They are bundled into transport and then its onto an adventure in the heart of a forest.
- They will be tested against gravity, balance and agility, all under the watchful gaze’ of their top gun instructor who keeps things energised and entertaining.
- Tested against gravity, balance and agility
- There are several levels of difficulty allowing for a different experience of pleasures, emotions and challenges.
- You will 'live life on the edge' or you are taking up too much room!
- Top Gun instructors host an hilarious awards ceremony at the end of play!
feedback from this concept!
Your entertainment and team building afternoon was the highlight of our trip - what an awesome time! You guys were right on the money. Very funny and motivating. We had some people who really pushed themselves, some even saying it was the best thing they had ever done. We will definitely be recommending you to others – we have already. enthuse definitely exceeded expectations on all counts. It was great to have you keeping the energy and momentum going right from start to finish. Wahoo – bring on the next event!
Kate Coombridge, Generation Developments Ltd
Check out a clip from our 'life on the edge' team building
Top Gun life on the edge team building
activities at Peppers Clearwater in Christchurch
As the preferred events company for Peppers Clearwater we offer a range of team building activities, including:
Depending on our clients needs we can run a more relaxed croquet and petanque ’on the lawn’ at PeppersClearwater, and can combine it with Golf War, utilising the practice area and having guests chipping out of sand bunker and then putting onto the green and Lazer sports on Clearwater’s rugby field - skeet shooting and 6 gun draw.... or we can amp things up and make things more competitive, scoring along the way and petanque becomes 'speed croquet'' with a few other twists and turns thrown in to keep things on edge.
Our events are all 'hosted' by appropriate themed 'characters'... that add to the fun and excitement and finish with an awards presentation... prize giving.
We also have had clients get involved in a rugby goal kicking competition, Frisbee activities/golf and a tug of war. We just need to work with you to provide what best suits your theme, expectations and budget.
We can also run a fun afternoon of 'corporate croquet' at a local club. We can arrange the catering and our clients come dressed in their best 'whites and blazers' for some fun, slightly competitive, croquet... great fun.
We can of course run a more relaxed croquet and petanque ’on the lawn’ at other venues...
Please contact us for more information and quotes.
A Casino Royale themed fun afternoon; it an also be an evening event. Staff immerse themselves in the world of the worlds most famous secret agent. Staff are greeted by bond girls passing drinks and canapés aroundstaff immerse themselves in the world of the worlds most famous secret agent with a Casino Royale theme and as they enter the venue are searched for weapons.
Upon entering the room staff find themselves in another world – a world of high stakes poker games and gambling. By utilising themed décor and casino gaming tables we will create your very own Casino Royale.
Staff have chance to try their luck at the Black Jack and Roulette Tables while enjoying the atmosphere of the venue and location.
James Bond of course arrives and enjoys the afternoon of high stakes gambling as your host and you are entertained by one of the bond girls singing an iconic James Bond theme song. The evening option sees the roving bond themed hosts become the Casino Royale band....
This can be combined with some relaxed lawn activties... laid back croquet and petanque for example...
under development - stay tuned...
Boot Camps at Hanmer Springs…
- Working alongside work colleagues, helping each other through a range of exercises and tasks, increasing both personal fitness levels and the sense of unity within the workplace environment!
- fast paced, high energy sessions which enable employees to get some exercise done in an environment they feel comfortable in… hosted by either one or two battle hardened commandoes!!
- tough outdoor circuits.. and quiet, gentle stretching sessions....
- All under our watchful eye….
amazing tram race
(Cannot be held at the moment due to earthqauke damage, but it will be back)
Based on the Amazing Race, the Amazing Tram Race is hosted by Pill Rogan and his sidekick Heidi the German backpacker, explore inner Christchurch on the tram... answering a variety of questions.. there will be winners.. and losers.. and maybe a few that get lost along the way. A great way to get out and about in central Christchurch and experience the historic trams...
In an amazing race format team’s travel on the trams stopping at each tram stop to follow the clues, follow directions and answer the questions before proceeding to the next stop. There is a tight time limit - teams will have max two minutes to answer as many questions as possible and be back on the tram to go to the next stop. If they are not back in time, the tram will leave and the race for your team will be over - you don't want to hear Pill say the words, "I'm sorry, you have been eliminated from the race"
Once the racing is over and the points are finalised there is a prize giving hosted by Pill and Heidi.
Points may be deducted for the following;
- interfering with other teams or their team members
- team or team members being too serious
- team or team member caught cheating, disobeying or tampering with clues
Tram Stop 1 – Cathedral Square
- Name the first four ships to arrive in Lyttelton in December 1850.
- Name the founder of Canterbury and Christchurch.
- Name three of the hotels situated in Cathedral Square.
INSTRUCTION: Your next clue will come in uniform; use the password “I hear the weather is nice in Brazil at this time of year”
- Loads of fun, very competitive and easy to organise in central Christchurch.
- Duration - approx 1.5 hrs
- Min 30 people
- complimentary bubbles at end
what are some of the best ways to get individuals to work together as a team?
They have to leave any sense of hierarchy at the door and be really prepared to work together as individuals all on the same playing field. enthuse runs workshops and does presentations that asks company teams;
- where are they are now
- where do they want to be
- then gets into the details of how they are going to get there, working thru these components in break out groups then coming back together for discussion.
Cookie Time approached enthuse and John to work on its Christmas Cookies sales conference and campaign for three years and according to Cookie Time’s General Manager Lincoln Booth he exceeded their expectations and they had had record sales results! Lincoln had this to say:
“His energy, enthusiasm, creativity and obvious passion to make a difference for us was impressive, and the end result was an incredibly successful conference and more importantly this translated into outstanding sales results. I was extremely impressed with John’s attention to detail, his creative drive and professionalism.”
“He developed and ran our sales training, organised the entertainment – including the theming and concept – and generally added the "X" factor. He was a pleasure to work with and the sellers found him very motivating and inspiring. We can’t wait to use John again in the future. Enthusiasm was without doubt his middle name.”
enthuse and John have worked with company’s that include Fonterra, Vodafone, Arnott's, Foodstuffs, Noel Leeming, IBM, McDonalds NZ, Westpac, Cookie Time, First National Real Estate, Anderson Lloyd, Wrightson, The Black Cat Group and Hudson and on large sporting events such as the Speight's Coast to Coast, Le Race, the Marathon of Christchurch, The Festival of Cycling, Around Brunner Cycle Event and Allison Roe’s Run to Heal woman’s fun runs.