conferencing and events
New Zealand's leading corporate entertainment company
Two time NZ entertainment company of the year!
Fantastic, energetic, motivational. An intravenous delivery of corporate caffine; Always delivers; always enthusiastic. Great to work with John and enthuse once again. Great 'team moments' created making a real difference for us
Wayne Evans, finance now
Lincoln Booth, General Manager Cookie Time
Thanks so much for you and the team – you guys were really awesome and brought a totally different and unexpected element to the evening.
Cleo Kranenburg, Mango Events & Experiential; Ronald McDonald Red Shoe Ball Auckland
- save time and money – deal with only one company for your entertainment, theming, team building and MC services.
- actors and entertainers that sing! Including our very popular Singing Waiters; entertainment on aplate!
- lots of opportunities in one; an MC, actors, team building, speaker and themed entertainment!
- team building – mini Olympics, make a Hollywood movie, have a game show or murder mystery or get high in the forest!
- we provide our services throughout new zealand and overseas.
Anyone can book a venue and throw on a few drinks, but it’s making an event memorable and differentiating it from what everybody else is doing that is the key to success!
A little investment in entertaining clients can go a long way to strengthening a company’s bottom line. The more motivated and inspired a company’s clients and staff are, the more likely they are to remain loyal.
What effects does enthuse services have on the lives and work of its clients?
Events & entertainment: celebrate the company and its achievements. The more motivated and inspired a company’s clients and staff are, the more likely they are to remain loyal.
It costs more and is much harder to attract new clients or even new staff than it is to look after existing ones, so it’s not rocket science that really looking after your existing clients and staff should be a priority and that’s where events can make a real difference when done well.
Developing creative events with unique entertainment demonstrates a commitment that can have real benefits to a company’s bottom line. Staff and clients feel ‘the love’ and in turn are more motivated to perform.
At enthuse we do things a little different - we have our own unique way of doing things
Our focus is on adding an enthusiastic creative spark to an event with professional acting, mc, and theming and entertainment options. No need to separately employ actors, an MC and a band – enthuse offers all these options in one package, themed to your needs…
enthuse has won the Best New Zealand Entertainment Company category twice in the People’s Choice Awards managed by the Corporate Events Guide.
Our elevator summary of what we do:
- enthuse has an award winning track record of over 15 years of adding an enthusiastic creative spark to conferences and events all over NZ with professional improv acting, mc-eeing and entertainment options, including our popular Singing Waiters.
- enthuse provides leading entertainment, team building and MC services and can help clients develop and manage their event if required.
- To reinforcing this point.. sorry, we've repeated ourselves a wee bit.. We can save clients time and money as we really do offer so much under the one roof – entertainment, event management, theming, team building, a professional speaker and an mc.
- We specialise in providing actors and entertainers that are multi talented and can act as part of an event theme and then transform into the evenings themed band, filling the dance floor.
- Clients can relax and sit back and enjoy their event with the knowledge they are in very capable, experienced hands.
clients have included
- Beca - entertainment and team building
- Foodstuffs - speaker, MC, team building and entertainment
- Harvey Norman – entertainment, the singing waiters and mc.
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand - entertainment
- ANZ - entertainment
- Sungard - entertainment
- NZ Fire Service
- Workplace Savings – entertainment – Singing waiters
- Arnotts annual conference, improv acting, team building, theming and entertainment.
- Southland Sports Awards - entertainment
- Peppers Clearwater/Mantra Group - 'fashion mc and host' for Cup Day
- Rural Contractors Conference, Napier – Singing waiters
- Crusaders Rugby Franchise
- NZ Institute of Food Services and technology annual conference – hosted opening welcome function, improv acting, mc and entertainment
- TrustPower Community Awards – Singing waiters
- Colegate – Back to the Future afternoon action and activity.
- Toyota Financial Services 20th year Gala Function in Auckland; mc and entertainment.
- Meriden’s Christchurch and mid winter functions – acting and entertainment.
- New Zealand Corporate Events Guide expo – MC and speaker, You are your brand
- Southern Secretarial Summit, closing key note speaker (Fiitter body fitter mind), acting and entertainment.
- First National Real Estate’s Australia and New Zealand conference, providing and organising the entertainment for their gala awards evening.
- The Accountants Big day out in Auckland with Business Fitness - MC and entertainment.
- Perpetual Trust’s conference and 125th anniversary celebration, providing team building, theming, entertainment and MC and the entertainment for the gala award evening.
- Phonak NZ’s gala function in Auckland for departing CEO, providing the entertainment and interviewed the CEO in a ‘This is your life’ style format.
- Technology Users Association of New Zealand gala awards evening at Sky City in Auckland - mc and entertainment.
- Bay of Plenty Pharmacy conference in Taupo - acting and entertainment.
- Westpac – large number of speaking and training presentations throughout NZ.
- Coast to Coast - mc and media/pr
- Around Brunner Cycle event - mc, commentary/music and media/pr.
- Festival of Cycling - live commentary and mc; including mixing great music
- SBS Christchurch Marathon - live commentary and mc; including mixing great music
- Unilever - theming, event management and entertainment
enthuse is the preferred events & entertainment company for the Mantra Group, the property management company for Peppers Resorts, including Clearwater in Christchurch, and the Rydges Latimer Hotel in Christchurch.
contact us today for your free half hour event planning session - find out what a difference we can make, and how we can save you time and money! in person or via phone and web... contact us today to enthuse your next event!
check out our very popular Singing Waiters - entertainment 'on a plate'
check out more footage and feedback about our Singing Waiters
what some clients have had to say...
John McKenzie is an excellent MC he was able to adapt to the evenings events and was enthusiastic in offering suggestions in how we could improve the event. John is also a warm hearted and kind person who makes you feel like your event is special
Sally Chesterfield Rural Fire Service
We had John and his team provide ‘outstanding’ entertainment for a Triple 70th Celebration in Hamilton – wow I can’t explain how fantastic the entire experience was, from the initial contact with John where we discussed the many options he can offer, to the concise organisaiton and communication of how the event would run. John made three magnificence wardrobe changes throughout the evening, from crazy paparazzi on red carpet, to professional MC in a black dinner suit and into a outrageous Rocky Horror number. This had our guests questioning all night who he was and still many guests didn’t know it was the same person. The singing waiters were also fantastic and totally had our guests fooled, but so entertaining. Stories of the evening are still being discussed and many laughs still had. I would certainly recommend John and his enthuse company.
Amber Maisey. Maisey Group
We enlisted the help of the enthuse team at two of our conferences. Both events were not only fantastically memorable but great fun for our delegates. Everyone was pulled into the spirit of celebration egged on by the enthuse team ensuring it was a great night of laughter and fun. Both events were uniquely different, surprising and delighting those who attended. Thanks enthuse!
Lantana Wallcroft, TripleJump
enthuse provides such a great package. Not only did John provide fantastic entertainment for our function, the presentation he pulled together at short notice was awesome. I don't think we have ever had so many good comments on choice of entertainers!
Belinda Nyberg, Phonak
I cannot thank enthuse enough for taking the stress away from our event. John made the whole evening run smoothly, and even thought of the little things that we had overlooked!! Keep up the great work, and we will be seeing you next year for our conference.
Gina Fowler, First National Real Estate
The Team Building was a challenging experience and everyone is still talking about it. Friday night was fantastic, your professional and sense of humour made the event a huge success.
Louise Edwards, Chief Executive, Perpetual Trust
Check out our promotional DVD... (you'll need access to utube - enthuse01 channel) as this is being beamed in from that site)
Check out enthuse events tv- our events channel on YouTube
Check out our singing waiters tv Youtube channel too..
Need something creative, innovative and different to add some spark to your event?
entertainment - a band themed for your event, a special 'celebrity' guest or an MC with a difference? We have heaps of roving theme characters...
add something special for your awards night!!! let us roll out the red carpet!! A Hollywood themed awards night! or James Bond hosted casino evening...
the entertainment starts as soon as guests arrive with the Singing waiters; entertainment on a plate. Guests are completely in the dark as they are waited on by some very friendly, outgoing and slightly unprofessional waiters... that become the band! fantastic, fun interactive entertainment!
an innovative idea or themed concept for your event?
- advice and guidance with lighting, sound, venues and catering?
- some roving 'characters' to liven the event up?
- a professional MC?
- some motivational sales training?
- team building - outrageous conference fun to targeted strategic initiatives. Get your team fully involved in the Mini Olympics, Murder Mystery or a Game Show, Make a Hollywood blockbuster movie or perhaps some garden 'lawn' activities might suit!!
- a professional speaker? John does keynotes on branding, sales and marketing - topics include Fitter Body Fitter mind, Your are your Brand, marketing your plan on one page, releasing your achievement drive, Show me the Money.
- thinking about christmas?? need some special christmas themed entertainment? Never too early or late to think about Christmas!
Do you need all that organised for you?
we can help!
Marketing communications consultant, presenter, actor, entertainer, public speaker, MC and events organiser John's varied background means he is in demand as a media and events consultant, MC, presenter and entertainer.
His down to earth style mixed with an enthusiastic approach and good sense of humour means he has broad appeal to a wide range of audiences, either straight up as John McKenzie, or as one of the many roving characters he has created for corporate events, incentive groups and conferences.Austin Powers, Elvis, fitness guru Richard Simmons (disco sweat office aerobics ice breaker!) Bjorn from Abba, lively milk salesman Andy Loose (for Fonterra), Capt Jack Sparrow, Danny from Grease, Gandalf from Lord of the Rings, even as farmer ‘Bob’ from the West Coast, a headmaster, Frank-n-furter and as himself.... we can tailor something just for you!
As an event organiser John realises the importance of an MC getting the information right - with a background that also includes work as a radio announcer and television presenter, John is well placed to be a great MC. His track record speaks for itself. If you need a professional MC with an unique enthusiastic style to ensure your event runs smoothly enthuse looks forward to hearing from you.appropriate character - anything from Abba to Frank n furter (Rocky Horror)...
John has several unique and innovative openings and ice breakers to ensure delegates are energised and ready for anything - email us at email@example.com
A mixture of experience that covers marketing, the media and public relations and events is quite unique!
let us organise your best christmas function ever!! click on the enthuse cracker christmas logo above to download our flyer that outlines all we can do - entertainment, venues, catering... whatever you need! Package it up, and save time and money!
some more feedback; John as an mc...
Great Conference MC - very professional with amazing enthusiasm and energy.
Glenda Harding, Harding Consultants (Professional Conference Organiser)
Feedback from the staff has been fantastic. Everyone has said they had a great night, lots of laughs, and a good balance over the evening. Enjoyed the part when you had the staff get up and get involved with the entertainment – even if they hated Phil and Wayne for picking them – they still had a good time!! The music and entertainers were fantastic as always – we loved the Oscars theme!! In regards to your part – felt you did a fantastic job of managing the event – liaising with hotel, props and myself. It was great that you kept in touch with what was happening, getting in touch when you needed feedback from me, or just keeping me informed on where we were at and what you had organised. Your part as Silly Pistol during the night was really fab and you played the part really well!! Great job!!!
Meeghan Ellison, Finance Now
John was an excellent MC for the National Events Conference (Eventing the Future) . Being part of the industry it is always hard being in front of peers but John listened to the requirements of the role and performed with real professionalism. John took time to incorporate appropriately themed music and integrated points picked up in sessions. While the conference MC role was more formal and around introduction of speakers, his real flexibility came out when he was MC for the start of the conference dinner where he "performed" his Rocky Horror piece. It was a hit!!!
Anne Hindson, Director, Eventing the Future Ltd
Having ridden the European professional cycling circuit for a number of years including the Tour de France, I know how important a professional commentator is to making the event a success. Being present at the Armstrong Prestige Criterium and having the pleasure of hearing John commentate had me glued to the event from start to finish. His passion, enthusiasm and energy bought back many memories but more importantly he entertained the crowd with a level of professionalism I’ve not seen here in New Zealand.
Eric Mackenzie, Director EMC2 Bikes
Please accept my thanks, on behalf of the YHA Board and staff, for your efforts on Saturday night as MC for our 75th Celebrations. Our event was always going to be almost impossible to get right, given the diversity – in both age and attitude – of our guests, yet you choreographed a show that had the right mix of formality, theatre, fun and entertainment. It was a high energy performance that incorporated all the elements we had discussed in our planning and it was very well received by our staff, YHA members, tourism industry representatives and dignitaries. I have had some fabulous feedback already – especially from staff and Board members, who commented that your role and performance reflected the values and style of YHA. Well done and thanks for all your hard work John – this was never going to be an easy job – yet you pulled it off with flair!
Nikki Waghorn, YHA National Office Communications
Would you like to see more some feedback?
John managed to win the Prestigious Best Dressed Man at the Addington races during Cup Week in 2005. He also hosted the Air New Zealand fashion in the Field event at Riccarton Park for four years during Cup Week.